Monday, January 25, 2016

Evie Mae's Second Visit

One of my best stops in 2015 was Evie Mae’s BBQ back in July.  At the time I rated it my #2 spot of all time so I knew I had to make a second trip soon.  In the short amount of time between visits, Evie Mae’s has grown causing the need for a new, larger smoker.  Owner, and Pitmaster, Arnis is just as skillful at building smokers as he is at cooking on them, building this beast for all overnight meats.

I arrived the first week the new pit was in operation and Arnis admitted he was still learning its quirks, but for the most part it ran exactly like the original smoker, just with more capacity.  On this visit I went with a beef rib, pork ribs and brisket.  The brisket hasn’t missed a beat, perfect kiss of smoke, great rub and not a chance of being dry.  Unlike my first visit, the ribs were cooked to perfection and pulled off the bone with the perfect amount of tug with the same fantastic flavor I expected.  The beef rib was the only piece of meat I didn’t have on my first visit so I have nothing to compare it to.  I will say it was fantastic; perfect amount of smoke, fantastic tenderness and reminiscent of Louie Muller but with a lighter amount of pepper. It is worth every penny for anyone on the fence about forking over so much for a piece of meat.

Evie Mae’s is still my #2 favorite spot and is run by two of the nicest people I have ever met in BBQ.  Good news is Lubbock agrees and Evie Mae’s has announced a brick and mortar location just down the road in Early 2016.





Evie Mae’s BBQ
717 HWY 62
Wolfforth, TX
www.eviemaesbbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment