Sunday, January 8, 2017

Best of 2016

2016 was my first full year writing this blog and some great times were had.  The main thing I learned is that sometimes bbq is more than just food, but an experience.  Some of my favorite memories went beyond the plate.  Below were my top five favorite BBQ moments.

5.  The first annual Meat Fight #MF1K

4.  The Grand Opening of Evie Mae's Brick and Mortar location.

3.  My first trip to Killen's Barbecue.  What I would give for some of their Bread Pudding right now!

2.  My first time attending Red Dirt BBQ and Music Festival.  Can't wait to see the 2017 lineup!

1.  Finally my favorite  bbq memory of 2016 didn't include me actually eating bbq.  The fine folks at Evie Mae's invited me along to serve BBQ to Kliff Kingsbury and the Texas Tech Football team.  As an alum and fan this is a memory that I will cherish for a lifetime.

Guns Up!



No comments:

Post a Comment